The Guitar Program at Park View is in its fourteenth year under Dr. Lončar 's leadership. Five levels of classes are being offered: beginning, intermediate, advanced,artist and honors. The Guitar Program has 30 YAMAHA CG-101A guitars, two contrabass, two alto and two soprano guitars for class use. Students learn the classical guitar technique and receive training and experience in guitar orchestra, ensemble and solo performing through many school and outside performance opportunities:
- Guitar Club, which meets second Tuesday each month, 4 to 5 p.m.in the Choir Room. Guitar Club is open to anyone who wants to attend or play and perform for fun any style of music and guitar.
- Beatty Classical Guitar Competition, held at the American University in D.C. in March.
- Park View Guitar Quartet is a select group made up of the top four students in the program. The group sometimes performs at school and other events.
- Park View is the home of Loudoun Youth Guitars--an auditioned guitar ensemble made up of some of the best guitar students from around the county and directed by Dr. Lončar
- Fine Arts Night
- Aguado Guitar Concerts Solo Guitar Competition, held last weekend in April at Park View.
- Aguado Guitar Concerts house concerts that take place once a month.
- Coffee Houses
Guitar classes present three concert programs per year. On occasion guest artists are invited to give performances and lectures to the classesl. Park View is home of World View--the Multicultural Performance Ensemble--which performs for school and public events in the community. Call us if you want us to come play for you!