Please visit the Discovery PTO website for additional information and to become a WatchDOG!
What are WATCH D.O.G.S.?
- Dads of Great Students
- It is a father involvement initiative of the National Center for Fathering who organizes fathers and father figures to promote positive role models for students and to enhance school security.
- Purpose—To engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying, and enhance the educational environment in schools
- There are more than 2,276 active programs in 41 states who participate
Who are WATCH D.O.G.S.?
- Fathers, Grandfathers, Step-fathers, Uncles, and other father figures
- Requires volunteering for a full variety of school activities
What does the program bring to the school?
- Being a part of the Watch D.O.G.S program will bring so much energy and enthusiasm to the Discovery community.
- The children need positive role models and will strive to do their best when they see men are taking the time to visit his/her school.
What type of School/Classroom Activities will Watch D.O.G.S. perform?
· Assist with student arrival and departure
· Lunch with your child
· Recess with your child’s class and other classes
· Help child with an assignment
· Run a station
· Help a student (or group) with reading
· Work with student (or group) on Math
· Read to student (or group)
What is the level of commitment?
· Watch D.O.G.S. will volunteer on Friday’s from 7:15 AM through 2:45PM.