About Mountain View PTAThank you for your interest in Mountain View Elementary's Parent Teacher Association (PTA). We would love to have you join us! Our association is comprised of parents, teachers, grandparents, etc. who are interested in supporting the work of one of the biggest child advocacy groups in our country. Our mission is to "make every child's potential a reality."
Join Today! Our PTA membership fee is only $10 per person/$15 per couple per school year. Of your annual dues, only $3.75 goes to the National and State PTAs while the balance stays here at Mountain View to directly benefit our students. For the month of September, all PTA members will receive a buy one, get one free Papa John pizza card and free access to our online PTA Student Directory.Because of our supportive group of parent and teacher members, here are some of the benefits and programs that our PTA hopes to bring to Mountain View's students and teaching staff this school year:
In order to provide these benefits and enhance your child's educational experience at Mountain View, we ask for your support ~ through PTA membership, participation in our PTA events, volunteering in the PTA sponsored programs or all three. Help us make a difference in the 2018-2019 school year for every child at Mountain View Elementary!.
- After School Activities Program with activities ranging from science, running, crafts and Legos
- Financial support for our teaching staff by way of reimbursements and grants
- Availability of "Mountain View" Spirit Wear for purchase by our families & staff
- Family engagement events like our Ice Cream socials, Restaurant Spirit Nights, Morning with Mom, Donuts with Dads and our annual Bingo & Basket Night
- Participation and financial support of our annual Scholastic Book Fair
- Financial support for our school's General Field Trip Fund which was recently reduced due to county cut backs
- Scholarship money for Moose Alumni graduating from Loudoun Valley and Woodgrove High Schools
- Financial support towards the purchase of School Supply packs for families needing special assistance
- Male role model participation through the Watch D.O.G.S. national program
- Financial support for the 5th grade Graduation and Farewell Ceremony
- Author visits for our students through our library program
- Monthly Coffee Cart for our teachers and staff to show our ongoing appreciation for their efforts
- Ongoing Moose Pantry and Backpack Buddies support
- Participation in the"Reflections" PTA Art Contest program
- Purchase of (10) electronic notebooks to be used in our school library program
- Annual "Teacher Appreciation" week for our teachers and staff
- Sponsorship of three assemblies for all of our K - 5 students
- A Spring Carnival with carnival games, fun activities, and more!
"More than 30 years of research has proven that children do better when their parents are involved both at home and school. Grades are higher. Test scores rise. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve. These are powerful outcomes from your active involvement in your child's education, so join the PTA." (National PTA)
Last Modified on August 27, 2018