About Mountain View PTAThank you for your interest in Mountain View Elementary's Parent Teacher Association (PTA). We would love to have you join us! Our association is comprised of parents, teachers, grandparents, etc. who are interested in supporting the work of one of the biggest child advocacy groups in our country. Our mission is to "make every child's potential a reality."
Join Today! Our PTA membership fee is only $10 per person/$15 per couple per school year. Of your annual dues, only $3.75 goes to the National and State PTAs while the balance stays here at Mountain View to directly benefit our students. For the month of September, all PTA members will receive a buy one, get one free Papa John pizza coupon and new members will also receive a free Mountain View Moose Pride static window sticker.Because of our supportive group of parent and teacher members, here are some of the benefits and programs that our PTA hopes to bring to Mountain View's students and teaching staff this school year:
In order to provide these benefits and enhance your child's educational experience at Mountain View, we ask for your support ~ through PTA membership, participation in our PTA events, volunteering in the PTA sponsored programs or all three. Help us make a difference in the 2020-2021 school year for every child at Mountain View Elementary!
- After School Activities Program with activities ranging from science, physical education, crafts and Lego fun.
- Sponsorship of three fun and educational assemblies for all of our K - 5 students.
- Sponsorship of the DARE program and Odyssey of the Mind.
- Family events like Restaurant Spirit Nights, Grandparent's Day, Veteran's Day Celebration, Monster Mash, Mornings with Mom, Donuts with Dads, Winter Magic Show, and Bingo & Basket Night.
- Read-a-thon Fundraiser with tons of reading fun and the chance to win teacher experiences.
- A Spring Carnival with carnival games, bounce house, and DJ.
- Financial support for our annual Scholastic Book Fair and author visits for our students through our library program.
- Financial support for the Moose Pantry, Backpack Buddies program, and school supply packs for families needing special assistance.
- Male role model participation through the Watch D.O.G.S. program.
- Financial support for the 5th grade Graduation Party, Promotion Ceremony, and Sportsmanship Day.
- Financial support for our teaching staff by way of grants and reimbursements for staff development trainings.
- Monthly Coffee Cart for our teachers and staff to show our ongoing appreciation for their efforts.
- Annual "Staff and Teacher Appreciation" week for all of our wonderful teachers and staff.
"More than 30 years of research has proven that children do better when their parents are involved both at home and school. Grades are higher. Test scores rise. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve. These are powerful outcomes from your active involvement in your child's education, so join the PTA." (National PTA)
Last Modified on September 23, 2020