The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) works with the School Board, administrators, parents and teachers who are responsible for students receiving special education services.
What SEAC Does:
* Advise LCPS of the needs of students with disabilities;
* Assist LCPS in the development of long-range plans, which will provide needed services for children with disabilities;
* Submit reports and recommendations regarding the education of students with disabilities to the School Board; and
* Review annually the LCPS updated special education plan and application for federal funding.
How We Do It:
* Informative presentations for parents and educators at the monthly meetings;
* Provide helpful and timely information via the SEAC website and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/loudounseac). The web page is located at www.lcps.org, click “Parents”, then select "Special Education Advisory Committee".
* Recognition for Excellence in Supporting Special Education Awards Program.
* Invites each school to appoint a SEAC representative.
* Host a bi-annual Town Hall Meeting to receive input from parents and caregivers, which assists SEAC to assess the needs of LCPS students with disabilities.When Are SEAC Meetings?
Meetings are held from 7 pm to 9 pm at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 2100 Education Court, Ashburn. There is a presentation at each meeting of interest to parents, staff, and educators. Please check the website at www.lcps.org, click “parents”, then select "Special Education Advisory Committee" to view the current meeting and presentation schedule or click here. The 2017-2018 meeting dates have not yet been announced but will be posted here when they are available.Parents are encouraged to reach out to the Parent Resource Center, www.lcps.org/prc, to learn about upcoming programs and workshops of interest to the disability community and to seek information about LCPS special education programs and services. This is a wonderful parent resource and parents are urged to utilize the PRC.Liberty's SEAC representative for the 2017-2018 school year is Ms. Marjie Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org