Application process will be open starting August 26, 2019 and closing on September 20, 2019 at 4:00 pm.Student qualifications for nomination:
Membership for a student in the SNHS is conferred during the last two years of secondary school education. A student must have and maintained a 3.0 grade point average (4.0 scale) to be a member. In addition, the following qualifications must be met and maintained:
- A member must be enrolled in at least one honors or upper level science class during or prior to the eleventh grade year.
- A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- If second year honors or upper level science courses are not offered by the school, then the student must be enrolled in a second first year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- A member must maintain a B+ average (3.5 on a 4.0 scale) across all science courses.
· A member will be expected to assist in the SNHS’s activities which include tutoring and/or other service activities and SNHS’s meetings. A minimum of 5 service hours is required. There is a $10 membership fee.Applications can be picked up in the glass case outside of Room 240. The small yellow form should be filled out and submitted to the School Counseling office to request an unofficial transcript. The white application form given directly to Mrs. Moulds or put in the SNHS collection box in Room 240.Applications submitted without the unofficial transcript will not be considered. It is the student's responsibility to take the form to the school counseling office.If you have questions about qualifications or any part of the application process, contact Mrs. Moulds in Room 240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.