Students nominated to attend the 2020 VHSL Student Leaders Conference April 17-18, 2020Congratulations! You have been nominated by a club sponsor, teacher, administrator, or coach to participate in a VHSL Leaders Conference on Friday, April 17 and Saturday, April 18 at West Potomac High School in Alexandria, VA. The cost for this trip will be $150. You also have the option to pay in 2 installments. This covers the cost of the registration fee, hotel, transportation to and from the conference, and t-shirt. By attending this conference, you will be a part of a student leadership group to work with the administration, SCA, ICC, teams, and others to look at ways we can make our school even more special. Those who participate in this will also be invited to our summer leadership retreat held in August. This conference will feature guest speakers, breakout sessions, service project and discussion on current issues affecting students today.
There are a limited number of seats available for this conference. The deadline is Friday, February 14th. We ask that you please respond with all of the required information and forms by the due date. Students that are not able to register due to lack of space will be put on a waiting list. See instructions on signing up below.
Payment in full or 1st installment
Due Date: Feb 14th
$150 - full payment
$75 - 1st installment
Due Date: March 6th
$75 - 2nd installment
Online Payment Portal
- Please submit your information by the dates listed along with all forms (ie. Parent Permission, Authorization for Medication (if required) using the links below:
- Student Information: https://tinyurl.com/yxx6etk8
- Parent Permission Form Link: https://tinyurl.com/wt8u9oa
- Medical Form ONLY IF necessary: https://tinyurl.com/vmxkn4a
- Join the REMIND group named SBVHSL20. Text the message @sbvhsl20 to the number 81010.
- Payment by Check is also accepted (must be made out to SBHS) to Mrs. Rice’s room in L209 before/after school or drop off in the main office to be put in her mailbox by the deadlines above. These forms can also be found on the Activities page under Activities Overview, click on the VHSL 2020 link located on the left.
**Spring Sports Athletes: Make sure you gain permission to attend from your coaches before you turn in your forms to ensure that attendance does not conflict with competitions or practice.**
Thank you for your interest in attending this conference.
Adriana Rice, Activities Coordinator
West Potomac High School; 6500 Quander Rd, Alexandria, VA 22307
Friday, April 17th
All students are released at 11:15 am
Bus will leave SBHS at 11:30 am
Please pack a lunch or more info about possible boxed lunches to come.
3:00pm – 430pm
Conference Registration & Welcome
Schools shown to classrooms w/school ambassador
4:30pm – 6:10pm
- Parade of Schools/Welcome
- Key Note Speaker: Dr. Rudnesky
6:00pm – 7:00pm
7:15pm – 10:30pm
Community Service Project
Dance & Spirit Exchange.
Back to Hotel: Holiday Inn Express - Alexandria - Fort Belvoir
6055 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22303
7:00 am – 7:30 am
Breakfast at hotel Holiday Inn Bus will leave Hotel at 7:30 am
8:00 am – 8:50 am
9:00 am – 9:50 am
10:00- 10:50 am
Session 1 & 2
A Lunch/ Session 3
Session 3 / B Lunch
1:00 pm – 1:50 pm
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Return to SBHS approx 5pm
Key Note Speaker: Aric Jackson & Closing Ceremony
What should your students expect?
- Break-out sessions designed to encourage local and global service and leadership
- Activities to hone leadership skills inside and outside of the school community
- Easy to implement spirit and team building activities
- Focused and intentional keynote speakers
- Opportunities for idea sharing and networking