Purchased Apps:Math Doodles
This version of "Math Doodles" introduces three challenges plus an additional functional sneak peek challenge that will be made available in it's finished form in a future free update. Each Challenge provides plenty of mathematical practice, within a recreational math setting. The mathematical puzzles allow users to play, explore, and experiment with mathematical concepts, while developing and strengthening their strategy and problem solving skills. Math Doodles challenges are designed to allow for multiple solutions and strategies. There isn't only one correct answer.
1. Sums Stackers: Values are piled into three stacks. Each stack is randomly assigned a target sum. Move values and sets of values around with the tip of your finger from stack to stack until the sums of each stack equal the target sums represented at the bottom of the screen. The values can be represented in 22 different ways that vary in their level of abstraction: preschoolers might start with the fingers, dice or ringlets, because they can be easily counted, while older children or adults can find a challenge with coins, roman numerals, the word spelled in Spanish, or even binary.
2. Connect Sums: Users develop their number sense by trying to clear series of random values presented in a 4x4 array. Selected values are cleared when their sum equals the target sum. Users can choose from 22 different value representations and two levels of difficulty.
3. Unknown Square: Users begin to explore algebraic thinking by developing strategies to solve for unknowns found in a 3x3 array of values. Horizontal, vertical, and diagonal sums for the values are shown.
4. Sneak Peek Challenge - Splat Go Round : Users develop an understanding for rotations by experiencing math in action.
Users rotate a fly swatter to splat a target fly. Users can choose from several rotational modes including clock hours, clock minutes, angles, and fractions.
1. Solve Mode: Strategically solve five random sets in the fewest number of moves.
2. Infinity Mode: Play as long as you wish.
3. Race Mode: Rack up as many points as you can solving puzzles, before time runs out. The timer is represented by a tab of paper that works its way around the edge of the screen.
Each challenge has an easy mode and a hard mode:
VALUE REPRESENTATION OPTIONS FOR THE FIRST 3 CHALLENGES:
- Hole Tiles
- Ten Frames
- Tally Marks
- Spanish Tally Marks
- Roman Numerals
- Chinese Numbers
- Arabic Numbers
- Gurmukhi Numbers
- Hebrew Numbers
- Hindi Numbers
- Binary Numbers
- English Words
- Spanish Words
- Math Prefixes
- US Coins
- US Dollars
- Area Fractions
- Bar Fractions
- Number & Operations
- Number Sense
- Time and Clocks
- Problem Solving
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Math EnjoymentStack the States
Stack the States™ makes learning about the 50 states fun! Watch the states actually come to life in this colorful and dynamic game!
As you learn state capitals, shapes, geographic locations, flags and more, you can actually touch, move and drop the animated states anywhere on the screen. Carefully build a stack of states that reaches the checkered line to win each level.
You earn a random state for every successfully completed level. All of your states appear on your own personalized map of the United States. Try to collect all 50! As you earn more states, you begin to unlock the four free bonus games: Map It, Pile Up, Puzzler and Capital Drop. Four games in one!
HAVE FUN LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE 50 STATES:
▸ State shapes
▸ Bordering states
▸ Location on the map
FIVE GAMES IN ONE:
STACK THE STATES: Build tall piles with states and try to reach the checkered line.
MAP IT: Tap the location of the selected state on the map. Try to complete the whole country.
PILE UP: The states are piling up! Tap them quickly to get rid of them before they pile too high.
PUZZLER: Sit back and relax as you slide the states around and put them together like a jigsaw puzzle.
CAPITAL DROP: Match states with their capitals in this fast-paced bonus game. Don't let a state fall!Splash Math Gr. 4
★ TOPICS COVERED ★
StudyPad has the best math apps aligned to common core standards with virtually infinite number of questions. This app covers following topics:
1. Place Value - Numbers to a million
2. Number Sense - Compare numbers; Order numbers; Round numbers
3. Algebra - Factors; Prime and composite; Multiples; Number patterns; Number expressions; Algebraic expressions; Mixed expressions
4. Multiplication I - Commutative, Associative, Distributive, Identity Property; Multiply by 10, 11, 12; Multiply two digit by one digit; Multiply three digit by one digit; Multiply four digit by one digit numbers
5. Multiplication II - Multiples of 10, 100, 1000; Multiply two digit by two digit numbers
6. Division - Introduction; Divide two digit by one digit, three digit by one digit, four digit by one digit; Divide multiples of 10, 100; Remainders;
7. Fraction - Equivalent fractions; Mixed numbers; Compare like fractions; Tenths, Hundredths; Add and Subtract fractions; Add mixed numbers; Multiply fractions by a whole
8. Decimal - Place value; Represent decimals; Decimals and fractions, tenths, hundredths, mixed numbers; Compare and order decimals less than 1, greater than 1
9. Measurement - Abbreviations metric, customary units; Relate units; Units of length, capacity and weight; Decimal conversion; Area of simple and complex figures; Perimeter of simple, complex figures; Measuring angles; Create angles; Add and subtract angles
10. Geometry - Two dimensional figures - shapes, angles, lines; Investigate shapes - angles, parallel sides; Triangles; Quadrilaterals; Line of symmetry
11. Addition - Add numbers to hundred thousand, 1 million
12. Subtraction - Subtract numbers to hundred thousand, 1 millionSplash Math Gr. 5
★ TOPICS COVERED ★
StudyPad has the best math apps on the app store. Each app is comprehensive with virtually infinite number of questions covering wide range of topics. The content is aligned to common core standards. This app covers following topics:
1. Place Value - Numbers up to a Billion; Decimal Place Value; Represent Decimals
2. Number Sense - Compare, order, round numbers; Compare, order, round decimals; Compare, order, round fractions
3. Algebra Expressions - Evaluate Expressions; Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division Equations; Number Patterns
4. Multiplication - Multiply by multiples of 10; Two digit by Two digit; Three digit by three digit numbers
5. Division - Divide by 1 Digit Numbers (With/without Remainders); Divide by 2 Digit Numbers (With/without Remainders)
6. Fractions - Equivalent Fractions; Simplest Forms (Mixed Numbers); Add, subtract, multiply fractions; Add, subtract mixed fractions; Multiply Fraction
by a Whole; Mixed Fractions, Fraction Division (Divide Unit Fraction by a Whole), Fraction Division (Divide Whole by a Unit Fraction)
7. Decimals - Add Decimals; Subtract Decimals; Multiply by a Multiple of 10; Multiply by a Whole; Multiply Decimals; Divide by a Multiple of 10; Divide by a Whole; Divide by a Decimal
8. Measurement - Convert Metric Units; Convert Customary Units; Mixed Metric Quantities; Mixed Customary Quantities;
9. Geometry - Coordinate plane; Coordinate Graphs; Two Dimensional Figures; VolumeAction Sight Words Review
★Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (+ extra 94 NOUNS!)★
★Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Categories ★
★6 awesome EDUCATIONAL GAMES!★Rainbow Sentences
Winner - 2012 Best Language Development App - Technology in Special Education
Rainbow Sentences is designed to help students improve their ability to construct grammatically correct sentences by using color coded visual cues. The who, what, where, and why parts of sentences are color coded to help students recognize and understand how combinations of these parts create basic sentence structure.
Students will learn how to recognize the parts of sentences such as nouns, verbs, and prepositions, improve their understanding of how combinations of these parts create basic sentence structure. Students have the opportunity to record their sentences in their own voice to improve their receptive and expressive language skills.
Rainbow Sentences offers a unique environment for improving a student's ability to create grammatically correct sentences.Word Wizard
Word Wizard is a unique app that lets kids hear the sounds of letters and words using a talking movable alphabet. Featuring advanced text to speech capabilities, the app can pronounce and spell-check an unlimited number of original words and sentences built using the movable alphabet.
Word Wizard also provides spelling practice with a list of more than 1,400 questions and answers, and the best is that you can add your own words to create any spelling quiz, and track the progress of your kids thanks to detailed reports.Tangaroos
Tangaroos is a tangram puzzle game that will challenge both kids and adults. Why choose Tangaroos over all the other tangram games? Because it's loaded with features and options, but it's easy to get started and play!Katamino & Pentagenious
Help Captain Drake to find your six (6) lucky numbers passing the different obstacles on your way. This game is designed on base of geometrical figures called "Pentominos" that challenge your ability to solve problems.
This game also include a digital version of world famous KATAMINO' s puzzle game. You will find 12 levels of difficulty to build larger rectangles.
The puzzle is a stimulating brain-teaser. Using small blocks known as 'pentominoes' you build ever larger rectangles - known as 'PENTA'. The more blocks you use, the more difficult the challenge and the more absorbing it is. With over 36,000 combinations, Katamino is a very challenging puzzle.
This game is designed to be enjoyed by people from 3 years to 99 years old.Analogy
Analogy questions are often asked in gifted and talented programs. Our newest creation "Analogy" app (to challenge young minds on their cognitive skills), plays a significant role in analytical thinking, problem solving, perception, spatial skills, memory, and creativity. They are often seen on IQ and placement tests as well. In this app, we present analogy questions of different types. Levels have been carefully chosen. The picture based ones take geometry, spatial concepts and present to kids so that he/she can decipher the relationship between pictures. The word based ones have different kinds of relationships (sameness, or opposites or parent/child etc).
Wet-Dry-Try—The App! (Handwriting Without Tears)
Make handwriting practice fun! Our Wet-Dry-Try App gives children a new multisensory way to practice correct formation:
-Capitals, numbers, and lowercase on a virtual Slate Chalkboard or Blackboard with Double Lines
- -Error reporting to help guide your instruction
- -Now even more personalized with student-created avatars and a lefty-friendly setting!
Free Apps:Math Runner
With this game, your kids will enjoy a runner game (like Temple Run !) and practice math at the same time.
Look at the question, then catch the correct answers on screen by jumping or sliding. You will lose 1 life if you eat the wrong answer.
- Enjoyable game and practice math at the same time
- 20 levels for each operator
- Hint modeDude That’s Cool
Have them choose the “Pass & Play” Option
Dude! That's Cool. is a unique turn based experience that features a fun collection of 'goodie' hoarding hamsters. A game that is simple to learn with countless strategies that will keep you coming back for just one more 'goodie'!
As a hamster you have an appetite for collecting everything from paper clips and pencils, to matchsticks and buttons. Unfortunately, you aren't the only one interested in hoarding these goods. Your rival hamsters have what you want and you have what they want. Dude! That's Cool. tasks you with defending your goodies while simultaneously stealing your rivals goodies.
Get ready for an epic battle played across several locations. Take turns placing and connecting individual pipe pieces as you work your way towards your rival's cage and snatch up his goodies. Along the way you will place pipes over your rival's trail, but beware of obstacles and those pesky permanent pipes, they cant easily be removed! Luckily as a resourceful hamster you have an arsenal at your disposal. The 'hammer' smashes through any and all obstructions, while the 'ice cube' slows your rival's progress, and the 'switcheroo' helps flip pipe pieces for both defense and offense.Flick Sheep
Flick Sheep! pits the player against the encroaching sunset – the player’s defenseless sheep must be gathered together in safety before the light fades. To save these lovely little lambs, players will have to navigate the grid-like layout of the sheep pen.
The addition of various traps, barriers, and the increasing variety of sheep and other animals make Flick Sheep!’s many levels progressively more challenging and addicting!Finger Physics
So what is Finger Physics?
It’s 27 Stages and 243 (my good god) levels of finger puzzling amazingness. It’s a word, trust us.
- 243 Levels with more added all the time (up from 81 at the initial launch)
- 7 game modes including tons of Egg levels – everyone’s favorite
- Exploding blocks
- Magnetized circles, squares and triangles
- Shapes that float and shapes that don’t
- OpenFeint integration with tons of achievements
- PlacePlay Integration to Unlock Stages, Get Exclusive Level Packs and New Achievements
- Also starring Doodle the Doodler as himself!Unblock Me
Will remind you of “Traffic Jam”
Unblock Me™ FREE is a simple and addictive puzzle game. The goal is to get the red block out of the board by sliding the other blocks out of the way. Unblock Me™ FREE comes with 4 difficult levels ranging from Beginner to Expert. There are 4200 puzzles in total, worth hundred hours of playing to keep you challenged.Animal Sudoku
Do you love Sudoku?
Then this a a game for you not with that boring 1,2,3 to play.
Instead play with the animal images and win the puzzle.
Playing with images make it really tough and is your real test of concentration. You must be master in sudoku to play this one.
(images and descriptions from www.iTunes.com)