CRAAP TestA tool for evaluating print and digital resources
· Is the information current? · Can you find a date when last revised? · Are there active links?
· Is the information useful to you? · Who is the intended audience?
· Can you find the author and/or publisher? Is there contact information? · Is the author/website credible? · What type of site is it?
.com – a commercial site
.org - a group or an organization
.edu - an academic institution
.gov - a government site
.net - a network
· Do you know where the information comes from? · Can you verify the information in another source? · Are there spelling, grammar, or other mistakes?
· Do you know the author’s or website’s purpose? · Is the information fact or opinion? · Is advertising content vs. informational content easily distinguishable? · What is the sites purpose? To inform? Teach? Entertain? Persuade?
Revised from the Meriam Library, CSU, Chico by Northwest School Library and Educational Technology Department, 2013.