(PositiveBehavior, Intervention, and Support)Algonkian’s PBIS framework is based on The 4 R’sRespect, Responsibility, Relationships, and ReadyThe PBIS framework is an opportunity to help students focus on good behavior and strive to succeed. Classrooms will have the opportunity to be recognized for following the 4 R’s, and individual students have an opportunity as well. When a staff member catches a student doing an exceptional job with one or more of the 4 R’s he/she receives a “Golden Ticket”. His or her name will be put into a weekly drawing to receive special recognition!How does PBIS benefit our school?
· A proactive and consistent approach to school-wide discipline which will assist in improved student achievement.
· Staff the opportunity to be involved in the decision making process. (Shared leadership approach)
· Teaches and reinforces appropriate behaviors.
· Provides data to assess needs and make informed decisions.
· Provides increased feedback and support to staff.
· Creates consistent language and expectations across all school areas
Ultimately, PBIS implementation provides a decrease in addressing challenging behaviors which thereby increases overall instructional time.