WELCOME to the MSAAC Resource Link PageAre you interested in the LCPS Discipline Disproportionality Report from January 2019? Here is the January 2019 Discipline Disproportionality Report (PDF).
The following resources on this page have been recommended by our members. Inclusion on this list does not constitute endorsement or vetting by Loudoun County Public Schools. This is simply a list of resources that our members have recommended as having been helpful to their family. Please conduct your own research to make sure that any group or service meets your family's needs. If you have additional suggestions for this list, of if you can add more complete information for any of these entries, please email them to: email@example.com. Thanks!
Please scroll down for resources in the following categories: Internships, Volunteering & Scholarships; Websites for Students; Websites for MSAAC Members; Sports, Music, Tutoring, and After School Activities; Community Organizations, Counseling, and Support Groups. Or, Click here to see a list of resources recommended by our membership (Google Sheet).
Internships, Volunteering & Scholarships
- FBI: Future Agents in Training: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/wfo-future-agents-in-training-application-2018.pdf/view
- Summer internship 2018 with Saffron + Atlantis in Arlington: http://www.saffronv.com/intern.
- Internships with Foundation for Economic Education: https://fee.org/about/internships/
- SMART scholarship/internship with the Department of Defense (DoD). A student generally applies in the fall of their freshman year of college, but may apply later. https://smartscholarshipprod.service-now.com/smart?sysparm_domain_restore=false&sysparm_stack=no
- Claude Moore Community Builders http://www.loudouncares.org/what-we-do/claude-moore-community-builders/
- Scholarship, Jack Kent Cooke https://www.cappex.com/scholarship/listings/jack-kent-cooke-foundation-college-scholarship-program/-s-d-41306
- Live Proud ATT Scholarship https://liveproud.att.com/oncampus/
Sports, Music, Tutoring, and After-School Activities
- Bricks 4 Kidz https://www.bricks4kidz.com/virginia-ashburn-leesburg/
- C2 Education https://www.c2educate.com/locations/ashburn-va/
- The Catoctin School of Music https://www.thecatoctinschoolofmusic.com/wayne
- First Lego League - http://www.firstlegoleague.org/
Community Organizations, Counseling, and Support Groups
- 100 Black Men of DC, Saturday Leadership Academy https://100blackmendc.org/sla/
Websites for Students
- Khan Academy www.khanacademy.org
- iXL Math http://www.ixl.com/
Websites for MSAAC Members
- Diversity and Inclusion http://www.pta.org/members/content.cfm?ItemNumber=3023&navItemNumber=3578
- We Need Diverse Books http://weneeddiversebooks.org
- Pragmatic Mom - Education Blog http://www.pragmaticmom.com/home/
- Loudoun County Board of Supervisors https://www.loudoun.gov/bos
- LCPS School Board https://www.lcps.org/Page/1629