What is a Parent Liaison?
A Parent Liaison is a staff member who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help, and support they need to ensure their child’s academic and social success at school. We strive to make sure that each and every student has the necessary resources to help them achieve their best. In this ever changing economic climate sometimes we find ourselves in need of outside resources and assistance.
How can the Parent Liaison help me?
Parent Liaisons can provide assistance with:
- Food needs including weekend backpack meals
- Clothing needs such as coats, winter and summer clothing
- School supplies
- Various in-school items such as field trip expenses, class parties, after school PTA programs
- Information about community resources that can help with eye glasses, dental needs, healthcare needs
- Other needs
- Interpreter arrangements
- Group tours of Horizon for new families
How can I get in touch with the Parent Liaison?
You can find Amy Sandridge, Horizon's Parent Liaison, at Horizon on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in the afternoon. If you have needs or questions, you can also email, at Amy.Sandridge@lcps.org or call the school office at 571-434-3260 to schedule an appointment.
To request assistance, return this form to school: