A Link Between Home and School
WHAT IS A PARENT LIAISON
A Parent Liaison is a person who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help and support they need to ensure their child’s academic and social success in school.
HOW CAN THE PARENT LIAISON HELP ME?
Often, parents feel uncomfortable about sharing their questions or concerns with the teachers or school administration. Because good communication between home and school is such a vital part of your child’s academic success, the Parent Liaison will listen to your concerns and then work with you to make sure that your situation, question or point of view is expressed and understood. The Parent Liaison will help you find ways to resolve any issues that may be hindering your child’s success in school.
WHAT ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE CAN THE PARENT LIAISON PROVIDE?
- They will provide you with a personal tour of the school, explain the programs and resources available to you and your child. (you do not have to be a new parent to get a school tour)
- They will discuss some of the ways you can get more involved with school.
- They will answer questions you may have about school rules and regulations.
- They will help arrange meetings between you and your child’s teachers or the school administration so that important information about your child is shared and understood.
- At your request, they will accompany you to a parents' conference or other important meetings at the school to help clarify information about your child or home situation.
- They will help you arrange for an interpreter if you need to communicate in your own language.
SPECIAL HELP AND SERVICES
- They will find out to whom you need to call or go when searching for special help or services for your child or family.
STONE HILL MIDDLE SCHOOL'S PARENT LIAISON