Welcome to 6th grade math!!
I am looking forward to our year together.
A little about me...
- I was a student at River Bend from 2003-2006! I am so lucky to be a raven again :)
- I graduated from Potomac Falls High School.
- I then went on to James Madison University... GO DUKES!!
- I was a cheerleader there all four years.
- I received my Master's in Teaching also at JMU, focusing on Middle Ed. Math and Science.
- I love watching DC sports, especially the Nationals and Capitals.
Block 1 - Accelerated Math 6/7 team-taught Mrs. Dailey
Block 2 - Accelerated Math 6/7
Block 3 - Planning
Block 4 - Math 6 team-taught with Mrs. Russell
Block 5 - Planning
Block 6 - Math 6 team-taught with Mrs. Russell
Block 7 - Math 6 team-taught with Mrs. Russell
Block 8 - Math 6
1 inch binder
Thin dry erase markers
To be successful in my class, students should come to class prepared. This means homework completed to the best of their ability, with at least a pencil, and their laptop charged. We will be using devices in class every day.
Please check Google Classroom when you are absent. Daily classwork, notes, and homework will be posted here. Periodically check ParentVUE or StudentVue to see up-to-date grades in all classes as well as upcoming assignments and tests.
Students should seek extra help at the first sign of trouble. Options:
- Math club (Wed afterschool, permission slip required) - Mrs. Wallen runs the club
- During resource - let me know when and I'll send a note to the resource teacher
- Morning help - Mondays (in C4), Tuesdays (in C5), or Thursdays (in C3) starting around 7:45/8am
Grades are determined based on student performance on classwork, quizzes, and tests. ALEKS assignments and in-class practice may be included as classwork. Quizzes will be short 4 or 5 question assignments that mirror the language and difficulty of homework. Students can take one retake on quizzes, as these are given during the learning process. However, students must advocate when they would like to take one and participate in a reteaching session. A test or project will be given at the end of each unit that encompasses all information taught.