Professional BiographyShawn NaborsWorld Languages and Cultures - SpanishMrs. Nabors is a graduate of the College of William and Mary where she earned a degree in International Studies and a minor in Spanish. Mrs. Nabors also studied French at the Centre Intensif de Francais in Montpellier, France. She holds a Masters in Education from Virginia Commonwealth University.Mrs. Nabors spent her first three years of teaching at Stonewall Jackson High School in Manassas. After staying home with her children for six years, she taught preschool for five years and Spanish for four years at Eagle Ridge Middle School and three years at Tuscarora High School. She is looking forward to her fifth year at Riverside.Mrs. Nabors enjoys spending time with her family, running, kayaking, teaching yoga and traveling.
My 2019-20 Schedule:
1st Spanish I 5th Planning 2nd Spanish III 6th Study Hall 3rd Planning 7th Spanish III 4th Spanish III 8th Spanish III
Email Ms. Nabors Office hours: M-F beginning at 8:30
Course Information Gradebook & Class PageNHS Tutoring Request PagePhoenixAll my class information can be found in StudentVUE/ParentVUE. Click the Phoenix link below.NHS Department Grading Policy Department Reassessment policy2019-2020 Department Grading PolicyStudents enrolled in any of the spoken languages (Spanish, French, & German) will find the categorical breakdown of their quarter grades as follows:
Assignment Category Title Gradebook Weight
Late Work Policy for non-Test/Quiz Assessments
Scores on late assignments are graded up to the maximum percentages listed.
100% - Turned in on time.
90% - Turned in one school day late from posted due date.
80% - Turned in between two school days late and ten school days late from posted due date.
*Late work beyond the ten school day period will be accepted for a grade based on teacher discretion.
2019-2020 Department Reassessment Policy
Retakes are intended to allow students to demonstrate mastery (84%) and have the following guidelines:
* Students are eligible for a retake only if they have not achieved mastery (scored below a 84% on the assessment)
* Students may not receive a score greater than 84% on any retake attempt
* The retake is a single attempt
* All work (homework assignments, formative assessments, etc.) related to the assessment have been completed
* Students must complete remediation prior to attempting the retake
* All retake attempts must be completed within two weeks after having been returned the original
* The highest score will be included in the overall grade calculation for the quarter
* Retakes are NOT offered on skills-based (reading, writing, listening, speaking) assessments, benchmark exams, and county-wide exams (CPAs)
Extra Curricular Positions Spanish Club