Welcome to the home of Technology Integration at Freedom High School. Through LCPS' technology initiative, students have been provided Lenovo 300e Chromebooks. Students still have the option to bring their devices from home if they choose to do so. More information regarding individual learning devices for students can be found here. A video describing the functionality and proper care of students Chromebooks can be found here.At Freedom our focus is on the integration of the technology into an already robust curriculum. By combining technology and instruction, learning experiences are enhanced. Students are able to synthesize and expand their understanding of subject matter and communicate that new knowledge in interesting and engaging ways.The tech team at Freedom provides the following:
Please feel free to contact us by email.
- Work with teachers to integrate the use of technology into their classrooms in a meaningful and appropriate way.
- Technical assistance to students and staff for use of instructional software and hardware resources on the network.
- Work with teaching staff to prepare procedures being used to facilitate ease-of-use of computers by students.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose basic software and hardware problems.
- Monitor student internet access and assists in the enforcing of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
IFT: Matthew Korona DES: Varalakshmi Manne DES: Patrick McNanley
Technology Purchase - To purchase replacement accessories like student Chromebook chargers, staff Laptop chargers.
Chromebook Repair Center from 03/30/2020 onwards
The hardware repair center will operate out of the Staff Training Center, located at 43711 Partlow Road Ashburn, VA 20147, adjacent to Cedar Lane Elementary and will be open weekdays from 8:30AM - Noon and 2PM - 4PM, by appointment only
To schedule an appointment, please visit: https://bit.ly/DDI-REPAIR
- Technology Support Center phone number: 571-252-2112
- Students that were issued loaners at time of closures = Should continue to use loaner chromebooks.
- New Students (Gr3-12) and new Staff (e.g. teachers) may use the same appointment scheduler to book appointments to receive new equipment
- Departing Staff/Students (leaving the district) should also use the same appointment scheduler to return their LCPS issued equipment.
In an effort to limit the in-person visits to the center, we encourage students and staff to continue utilizing the Technology Support Center for remote help as much as possible (i.e. passwords, account access, etc). The Technology Support Center is available by phone, M-F, 8AM - 5PM. The hardware repair center will primarily be available to support physically damaged hardware assigned to students and staff.
When visiting the hardware repair center at the Staff Training Center, please continue to exercise social distance recommendations to include:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Practice cough etiquette.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissues.
- If you cough into tissues throw them in the trash and wash your hands immediately.
- Maintain the 6-foot space between one another. If passing documents or equipment, place items on the table in front of you, step back and allow the recipient to step-forward to pick up the item.
Please call 571-252-2100 when you arrive in the Staff Training Center parking lot. We will check you in and call you back when allowed to enter the building. Please remain in your car until you are called to enter the building.