The purpose of Mu Alpha Theta is to:
· Provide an appropriate method of recognizing the mathematical achievements of our members
· Strengthen our school’s mathematics program
· Help our members reach their full potential
· Motivate and recognize our members’ mathematical and personal achievements
· Encourage our members to work together toward the same goal
· Inspire and challenge our members
· Promote scholarship in, and enjoyment and understanding of, mathematics among our members.
- Members must be high school students in grades 9 through 12.
- Members must be registered with Mu Alpha Theta at the school at which their permanent records reside.
- Members must have completed the equivalent of two years of college preparatory mathematics, including algebra and/or geometry, and have completed or are enrolled in a third year of college preparatory mathematics.
- On the 4-point grading scale, members must have at least a 3.0 math grade point average.