Welcome to FUTURA at K.W.C. !
We are enjoying an exciting year, with "Structures" as our curriculum theme.
"Meet & Greet"
We will visit our students at their home schools during the first week of school. (School begins Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2014.) Students will be given FUTURA information to take home. Be sure to ask them for it!
OUR FUTURA SCHEDULE:
As soon as we have information about our schools for 2014-2015 and the days they attend FUTURA, we will post it here.
ROUTINES & POLICIES:
- BUS: On your child's FUTURA day, students go to their home school and their classroom, as usual. Soon thereafter, they are bused to our school (KWC) for FUTURA and remain with us until 1:30 p.m., at which time they board the bus and go back to their home school.
- WHAT TO BRING TO FUTURA: Easy to remember! Bring your FUTURA binder and 1 or 2 pencils.(We run out of pencils quickly!) Students who were in FUTURA last year should bring their binders (please take out all the papers at home).If you have a sack lunch, bring that too.Bookbags & backpacks usually aren't necessary. Students won't have time to use their school books. Of course, they may bring a book to read during lunch or recess.
- LUNCH: Our lunch time is unknown right now. We'll let you know when we know! Students can bring lunch or buy it in the cafeteria. If they have a lunch account at their own school, they simply use their ID number to "charge" it to that account (or they can bring money, of course.) Please put money in an envelope with the student's name and the amount enclosed.
- MEDICATIONS: Parents can give a medication to our school nurse or to your child's FUTURA teacher. Do not send medication with your child. It's against the law!
- ELECTRONIC ITEMS: If a student has a cell phone or other electronic device in his/her back pack, it may not be taken out during school.
- ABSENCES, MAKE-UP WORK (at the base school) & OTHER POLICIES: Please refer to our Slideshow link at the top left
- OUR WISH LIST: We VERY much appreciate donations of the following items,which are needed throughout the entire year
Boxes of Tissues
Baby Wipes (for erasing & cleaning the whiteboard)
Straws - preferably STRAIGHT, not flexible
EXPECTATIONS for our FUTURA STUDENTS
A FUTURA student is expected.....
- To participate actively in tasks and projects
- To develop and use plansTo solve complex problems
- To think creativelyTo use critical thinking - reasoning and logicTo be flexible and accept change
- To collaborate with fellow students
- To persevere - be persistent in difficult tasks
- To have good manners and behave properly
- To be kind and tolerant of others
Or call Culbert school: 540-751-2540
Ms. Rodecker and Mrs. Manion