* Any senior with financial constraints who wants to attend college, and has high academic achievement, may apply for the Granville P. Meade Scholarship. Please see Mrs. Develli for additional information. The deadline is March 11th.
* Any Junior interested in applying to the Leadership in the Law Program this summer to be held at Foxcroft School in Middleburg, please see Mrs. Develli for an application.
* Attention Science Olympiad members: Please be sure to turn in your bus money and permission slip before Saturday to Mrs. Osborne. The bus will be leaving Briar Woods at 6:30 on Saturday morning, please arrive at 6:15 with all supplies and projects. Thank you!
* The Briar Woods Ultimate Frisbee team will be competing in its first Tournament of the year on Feb 15th. The tournament will be held at Loudoun County high school at 10:30 am. There will be 17 schools from the Northern VA area in this tournament. Please come out and support the team as they compete in this event.
* Black history month question:
What is the name of the 1831 Slave Revolt, the aftermath of which led to a strengthening of the "Black Codes," which forbade slaves from gathering in groups larger than five, learning to read or write, owning property, or testifying in court.
* National ART honor society will meet on Wednesday after school and Friday at 8:30 in 804. Please make every effort to attend one meeting
* Attention Debate Team Members: If you are going to the tournament tomorrow, remember the bus leaves Briar Woods at 7:00 AM. Do not be late. Also, if you ordered spirit wear, see Mr. Fogelson in room L408 to pick up your order