Quick Guide to this site
- A big thanks to those of you who've been checking this site and catching up when you're out!
- What you can find in "Useful Documents":
- 3-Feb-2016: Study guides are up to date all the way to Topic #21.
- 1-Feb-2016: NEW SCHEDULE for the rest of 2nd Quarter, such as it is.
- Many other, necessary class handouts.
As we encounter them in class, I'll post relevant links to the Link Library
Bruce H. McCosar is a former research chemist, and has been teaching middle school science for the last eleven years. From an early age he became interested in all the branches of science, especially astronomy and physics.
However, in college, he found he had a natural talent for chemistry. He graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga with a B.S. in Chemistry, then went on to earn a M.S. in Chemistry from the University of Florida. Following this, he worked as a synthetic chemist in the pharmaceutical industry, producing experimental compounds to be used in human medical trials.
Mr. McCosar started his science teaching career at Bronson Middle High School in Bronson, Florida (2004 to 2008). In 2008, he and his wife moved to Virginia, and he joined the faculty here at Seneca Ridge.